Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Woman of Substance: Tina Fey


"I thank my parents for somehow raising me to have confidence that is disproportionate with my looks and abilities. Well done. That is what all parents should do."

- Tina Fey, Winner: 2008 Emmy for Outstanding Writer and Outstanding Actress, 30 Rock

What a way to thank your parents at a moment of tremendous success. Some awardees don't even bother to remember them. But Tina Fey remembered, and delivered the gratitude like a true winner - savvy, witty, cool.

Haven't really known her long. Happened to hear about her in a feature somewhere sometime ago but it was the much-awaited Sarah Palin impersonation at Saturday Night Live (SNL) that prompted me to finally google Tina Fey. Her bio is pretty impressive. Who wouldn't take a bow at the first woman to become SNL's headwriter? Who went on to create her own show, write for it and star in it?

Fey truly has it. Looks. Smarts. Wit. Talent.

Geez, some people have all the good stuff. And some, like Fey, deserve every bit. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! Could i borrow Tina Fey's quotable quotes? Ei! i think i'm gonna move to blogger, too. something's wrong with tabulas and i couldn't fix my site.

dojski said...

Sure, Yns, I don't think Tina Fey would mind. She got lots. =)

Hehe, ka relate ka gid sa quote? =)

Move ka na din, but keep the Tabulas one though. I still love Tabulas, but I'm trying Blogger because it has charmed me somehow. =)