Sunday, October 19, 2008

Twilight Musings: Alice

---------------------------------------------------
STOP! If you have NOT read the Twilight books, stop reading NOW. This post and posts with this same foreword are my own thoughts on the series. They may contain SPOILERS and I know nobody wants to be spoiled in this respect. I'd also hate to be the one to kill the excitement for anybody who happens to drop by and read. So, in the words (and style) of author Stephenie Meyer: YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
---------------------------------------------------
Among Edward's siblings, I am most fond of Alice. Her special talent is quite useful, yes, but it's the way she uses it that makes her extra special. Her intentions are always to help, be kind, support. In Breaking Dawn, I think that it was her who saved the day, or equally with Bella at least.

I love the stubbornness. She may drive Bella crazy sometimes, but it's those moments of persistence (the birthday party, the clothes) that bring in the affection. She's a classic I'll-get-my-way-no-matter-what girl but it's the kind that let's you like her more because she is so only if she firmly believes getting her way is best for all.

I think, she is the best sister and potential sister-in-law that Edward and Bella, respectively, could have. She welcomed Bella like a true friend and sister, and stood by the lovers in their many times of need. I particularly loved the way she connived with Edward to keep Bella from coming to La Push at the height of the Bella-Jacob story, the fact that she took care of Bella when the latter was recovering from James' attack, and her frustration at Bella's fashion style.

Now that I think of it, though, I cannot recall if Alice's story - past - has been sufficiently told in the books. Ah, I would have to re-read. =)

No comments: