Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Middle of the Road

At the end of a day that definitely made history for the unprecedented upheaval in global financial markets, what good thing.....what "great find" is there to write about?

Then I remembered this photo from fellow blogger Julia's blog and I knew it's the one:

The first time I laid eyes on it, my affection was captured right away. For one, I love photos of roads, especially those that are seemingly 'less travelled by'. For two, having that girl sit that way in the middle of the road is quite artistic, photography-wise. And for three, I realized that at some points in my life, that photo represents me.

But then, I look at the world today, and I feel like it's not only me that the photo describes so well. I bet global investors right now are as forlorn as that girl is, considering all that happened, and still happening.

Good thing for me, it just takes a look at that photo to wash me over with some calm and hope. But global investors, hmmm..... CNBC just reported that they're still on panic mode.

Photo credit: Rachel Whiting

2 comments:

Julia said...

I'm so glad you connected to this photo! I did too :) There's something about it. Soothing!

I was in a busy, busy meeting the other day at work and tensions were high. Then I looked out the window in front of me and watched the clouds slowly move across the sky and suddenly things felt calmer. Perspective. Marvelous thing!

XOXO

dojski said...

PERSPECTIVE. I love the word. Makes a world of difference. =)