Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pocketful of Sunshine

In the tradition of my affection for the music of singer-songwriters, Natasha Bedingfield's "Pocketful of Sunshine" is the latest addition to the fold.

I think I've heard of her songs somehow, but it was when she guested on "Ellen" that I got really interested in her music. Interested enough, that is, to eventually get my own copy of the CD she was promoting then. It was a buy that I haven't regretted yet.

Honestly, I can't seem to find the words to describe her sound, but I do know that I thoroughly enjoy it. My top favorites are the first cut "Put Your Arms Around Me", the title song "Pocketful of Sunshine" (it's genius to coin this endearing phrase), the duet with Sean Kingston (Love Like This) and the reflective (questioning?) "Soulmate". :)

No comments: