Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Batman Begins


It was a good beginning. Loved the kid batman (batboy?), Christian Bale and the flying battie effects. When batman spread those wings, they came out so naturally.

Didn't like Katie Holmes playing the DA though. Her supposed affair with you-know-who (Tom Cruise!) unfavorably clouded my appreciative nerves. The moment her face showed up, I kept thinking how this supposed no-nonsense, woman-of-substance, crusader-in-her-own-right District Attorney could be the 20-something girl involved in a 'flaunted' romance with a 40-something guy. Ah, bad publicity is not always good.

Going back to BB (Batman Begins). Certain fight scenes got me confused. They were performed too fast. I had a hard time following who was hurting who.

Overall though, I think the movie was worth the more than 1 hour I had to line up to watch the premiere.

-----------------------------------------
Lifted from my old blog dated 14th June 2005.

No comments: