Sunday, October 5, 2008

Anjali Rao


I don't exactly know why but whenever Anjali Rao fronts a CNN segment, I tend to stick to the channel much more than I usually would. Sometimes, whenever I feel discouraged, frustrated or simply down, and I chance upon her show, I get a sudden surge of inspiration. The kind that makes you feel anything is possible, so feeling directionless is a waste of energy.

I think, the charm must be the idea that to me, she has broken barriers career-wise. I don't really know how CNN works behind the scenes but I think it's amazing for her to get the job she has considering that not many women (especially Asian women) get the same kind of spotlight in news programs and international TV. Her feat of being a top-notch CNN anchor is testimony to the heights women can reach in any field.

Apart from her achievement, I like Anjali herself for the amazing confidence and obvious intelligence. When she talks, you just got to listen and believe. Ah, when knowledge and confidence mix, you get a true talent.

Cheers for Anjali. =)

No comments: