Thursday, October 30, 2008

Compliment

I was quite early for a meeting the other day, so I helped myself to a seat outside the conference room, regretting not having brought anything worth reading to kill time. And just when I was starting to surrender to a few minutes of unproductive existence, an angel came along.

Nope. He didn't come with wings, nor did he descend from the roof. ;) He simply got through the door, newspapers in hand, looking forward to literally bringing the news to his clients. The angel came in the form of our office's unofficial newspaper guy.

I used to buy my favorite paper from him but I haven't in a long time, primarily because I moved to a new group and a different floor. But he must have recognized me as well, because his face lit up a bit when I waved hello.

Not having brought a cent with me either, I dared ask if I could have my paper on credit. =) No questions asked, he proceeded to look for the paper I wanted from the stack he held. Unfortunately, he no longer had a copy of the paper. ):

He offered the other papers, but I only really wanted my paper, so, I said my heartfelt thanks and looked on to a passive existence.

But ---

To my surprise, he stayed on, took a seat and scanned through his stack. I didn't quite understood what he was doing but then he found what he was looking for...and gave it to me! He so kindly took time to search for that one paper he could give me - a complimentary copy of another paper he had! Ah, he really made my day. :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

LOL! How sweet!

dojski said...

Hehe, yeah. =) Warms the heart, these little surprises. ;)