Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Twilight Musings: Stars

Jasper, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward Cullen

Did I expect the actors to be anything like the Cullen kids in my mind? Hmmm. Well, I do not think I really had a face for any of them so it was quite easy to fit the actors' faces to the characters'. I had the easiest time with Rosalie, because women who are said to be outstandingly pretty in the books are often portrayed by blondes like the actress playing her. The Bond Girl who played Jane Bennett in Keira Knightley's Pride and Prejudice is an example.

I had the hardest time getting used to the on-screen Jasper (what's with the hair!) but I think eventually, the image stuck and actually gave more character to the character. Haha.

I think Ashley Greene fits Alice so well - the spiky hair, the cool fashion. =) Kellan Lutz, well, that bod explains all of Emmett's love for a good fight.

And Rob? Hmmm, no question on the messy hair - it's character itself. I think Rob is not as striking as the Edward I expected but it seems he did act so well, he gave Edward life on screen. But, regardless, I embrace anything and everything in that movie. Can't wait to finally see it. (The premiere buzz is cruel. My EQ, or what's left of it, is being tested to its limits.) =)

3 comments:

Julia said...

I'm walking down to Borders to pick up the last book TONIGHT! After I read it, I'm gonna watch TWILIGHT! Am I excited... um, just a little bit!

dojski said...

Wow, congrats, you're thru with the 3rd. =) Breaking Dawn is a delight. =)

Karen said...

I started reading the books when the movie was already being previewed -- so I think the images of the characters in my head were a bit shaped by that. Can't wait to see it :)