Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Speech

There were a number of lines in Obama's victory speech that I especially liked, and one of them is this one:

"It grew strength from the young people who rejected the myth of their generation's apathy..."


I am amazed at the delivery of that speech. I can't imagine myself capable of memorizing the lines and delivering them the way Obama did - well-paced, seemingly spontaneous (it couldn't have been, could it?), sincere and oozing with quiet confidence.

Uh, well, I guess it's forgivable if I can't. After all, I'm not a US president-elect. Hehe. :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

I've been reading articles about how many different strong leaders he referenced in his speech! Kennedy, Lincoln, King, so many great men who believed in the idea that change is good, needed! People who believed that we need to strive for the best!

Oh, I get all teary every time I want his speech!

dojski said...

Hmmm, yeah, that speech couldn't have been spontaneous. I might as well google the references.

Still, it was still a pretty good speech. I think, all of America was quite proud of him for that. =)