Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Taylor Chronicles: Arrival

As I have told sometime ago (The Taylor Chronicles: Search), I scoured local record stores for months last year just to look for Taylor's CDs. To disappointing results, that is. Her music was not carried in the country. Sad, sad.

So, imagine my surprise when this greeted the entrance of Glorietta's Music One this afternoon:
About time! Well, with local MTV and variety shows already playing "Love Story", I must admit I kinda expected the CDs to finally come over anytime soon (only the second album, "Fearless", was being sold though). Still, the sight of the display still caught me off-guard.

Once the surprise settled, came the envitable question. Did I rush to have my colleague buy me the CDs in the U.S.? If I had more patience, could have I bought for much less here?

One look at the cover kinda told me I did okay. The U.S. version had the real, original cover. Although I also like the cover of this one, I like the original better:

Another look at the song content cemented my position: I did great. The local version has three more songs from the first album (Our Song, Should Have Said No, Teardrops on my Guitar) but none of the extra videos. ;) I don't know what the lyric sheet looks like but I have already come to a conclusion. I did not regret getting myself the U.S. version. I love the CD to pieces. ;)

That is not to say that I'm not happy that Taylor has finally come to town. I am. She deserves to be heard here. In fact, I bought a copy of the local version. It was the best gift I could think of for my friend Popo's (belated) birthday.

Last I heard, she loves the CD. :)

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hurray! You've found it :)

dojski said...

Indeed! =)