Thursday, March 26, 2009

Walking in the Sun

It felt quite good to leave the office today while the sun was still out. I hope it'll be that way from now on. But...I'm just dreaming.

--------------------

Last Saturday, I and my training classmates went to an institution that take care of senior citizens, as part of our batch's outreach project. The home for the aged was actually not just that because it also takes care of homeless and orphaned children. Below is a photo I took while we were on our way to the institution's activity center:




What struck me most about this scene is the use of a bared chair seat as hoop for the ball. It is sad for an obvious reason, i.e., the lack of a basketball facility where these children can enjoy real basketball (not sure if there is a court in other parts of the institution). Apart from this implication, however, I must say that this very scene is a show of tremendous creativity. What a brilliant idea to minic a basket hoop!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Brilliant indeed. Children have this beautiful way of showing us the simple pleasures of life no matter their circumstances.

What rewarding work you must have !

dojski said...

This was just a project of our 3-week training. My work is different and may not be as rewarding. hehe