Sunday, March 29, 2009

Un-Clutter

Yesterday, Saturday, I went back to the office solely to clean up my work area. It's something I've been thinking to do for the longest time but never really got the chance to execute. I knew that if I didn't do it then, it'll be deferred on and on.

So, I ended up piling 3 reams worth of bond paper scratch, 2 filled garbage bags, 3 plastic garbage containers full of more trash and a work area I can now breathe more freely in, so to speak.

Today, Sunday, I finally got to clean up the veranda which I completely ignored for weeks. Also did major cleaning in the house, which led to two worn shoes joining tomorrow's garbage truck, among others.

What's with all the cleaning?

I guess it's symbolic as much as literal. There seems to be a lot of stuff in my life that I need to re-arrange...un-clutter. The challenge is deciding which ones will go to trash and which ones will be kept.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I had big plans to clean and organize my apartment this weekend...but it never happened. Glad you had better luck! :)

Julia said...

I purged, majorly, this weekend! it felt so, so good :)