Monday, February 16, 2009

The Taylor Chronicles: Search

You just know that something is truly special if it makes you walk the extra mile. Or in this case, walk through record stores after record stores looking for only one thing: Taylor Swift's self-titled debut album.

I did not expect to be disappointed. I did not expect to find no such CD...or blank faces from store attendants when I would ask if they got Taylor Swift's CD. And as if their reaction isn't telling enough, attendants would then ask how her name is spelled. Whattttt? Where in the world have you been?!! Taylor...you don't know Taylor!?!

But then, if you go to stores after stores (Music One, Odyssey, Astro Vision, SM) and they tell you the same thing and display the same I-don't-know-her expression, you kinda learn to get the point. Taylor Swift's CD was NOT sold in the country. Will it ever be? The attendant I asked says she's not sure and gave the store's number for me to call in case I wanted to check again. (What a way to get rid of me! =)

When Taylor's second CD came out, I tried checking stores again. Maybe, local stores will finally catch on and carry her music. After all, didn't she just get triple platinum on the first one?! Apparently, the stores haven't heard that little bit.

I have tried other means possible. I checked online stores. However, though I am an avid fan, I am still a reasonable consumer. Shipping cost is twice the freakin' price! Why would I buy?! Besides, there were other ways. Such as, asking a friend from the States to get me the CDs (haven't seen him back in the country). Or asking a colleague who took a trip to Singapore to check if stores there sell Taylor's CDs. Apparently, the CDs are not carried in Asia at all (Asia isn't big on country music, I gather).

THANKFULLY, however, another colleague went for a vacation in the States and was gracious enough to get me the CDs I have been dying for months to get my hands on. And so, today, the above sought-after CDs came to me early in the mornin' and completed my day right then and there.

Juvi, thanks, thanks, thanks!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Whew! I can't believe it was such a battle to locate such an album! Darling, just write me and we'll get you hooked up!

Anonymous said...

Wow doj! extra ako sa blog mo. It feels great to have ended your long quest for Taylor Swift's album. I can see how delightful you are. You even took a leave just to savor the songs! Can't believe it!
Swift is really a hit in the US actually. But honestly, I haven't heard her music either. Maybe I'll just wait til you play it or even sing along with it in the office.

Nice blog! Keep it up!

dojski said...

@Jewels
Yah, I was also surprised to find it that difficult. Hehe. I really initially thought she was mainstream, even her. I'll keep that advise in mind next time. Thanks. ;)

@Juvi
Thanks, Juvs. =) Delightful ako? hehe. Grabe, pati leave ha, na connect mo? LOL.

Anonymous said...

Doj,

Ooops, di ko na na-edit. delighted pala. haha.. You're delightful na rin! Full of Taylor's delights!