Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blast from the Past

I think I was in grade school or high school when I wrote this "poem". It basically talks about the time I was so anxious for a cousin to come home because I especially asked that he bring me the book I've been dying to read that time (the book was one of the "Anne of Green Gables" series).

When the Waiting's Almost Done

Time seems to tease you
When it very well knows
You have been there waiting
And waits for the coming.

The wind is blowing hard
And it is very cold
But still you sit waiting
Till that lonely train comes.

One by one, the others leave
Too cold, they can't stay
But you sit still and wait
You have to be there.

Time passes by swiftly
When you begin to realize
Time teases more
With possibilities you rather ignore.

It starts to dawn on you
The "what if...what if...what if..."
What if the train is never coming?
What if your love will never be there?

With hands shaking, lips quivering
Tears falling unchecked
Through the mist the awaited comes
The waiting is almost done.


Fast-forward to NOW, and I'm back in the same situation.

A colleague is coming back from the States in a couple of days and I am so looking forward to the day. You see, I asked her to buy me the CDs I couldn't find here in the country. Selfish, I know. But I think she knows it too (how excited I am for the CDs) and she doesn't mind. Hehe. I think I was able to demonstrate enough how much these CDs mean to me.

Ah, counting the days... (thanks in advance, Juvs). =)

No comments: