Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Deluge

Amazing how a lot of things can happen in one day. How a deluge of emotions can pass through the hours. How new thoughts can run in your head.

Today ---

I worried. Something unexpected came up. I hope it's not what it appears to be.

I was pleasantly surprised. The owner (I think, because he acts like one) of the Fiorgelato/Fior Cafe I've been raving about gave me a red rose. Perhaps for my growing loyalty (was there again for lunch today!). Unusual marketing gesture, but cool.

The rose, pictured against my laptop's desktop.

I got angry. Cable news today (forgot which one) reported about a 70+ year old man coming back to work as a greeter in a grocery store. Because he and his wife lost their entire savings/retirement money (USD700,000+) to Bernard Madoff's Ponzi scheme. Grrr. Madoff is staying in a million-dollar residence while his investors are picking up pieces of their lives he so knowingly shattered. Grrr.

I felt sad. Because.

I feel triumphant. After days of battling the irritating virus on my laptop, I've finally found a way to terminate it. Hah.

2 comments:

toguints said...

It sounds like more than a "marketing" gesture :)

I think the old man was 90 year old, not 70. Saw his video on Yahoo! But I could be wrong.

dojski said...

Hahaha. It IS just a marketing gesture. ;)

I seem to remember 70 but I could be wrong too. Hehe.