Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pencils & Books

There is a price to pay when you don't do your tasks promptly. Early in the week, I knew I'd be needing these pencils (specifically Mongol 2) for an exam today but I kept on postponing buying them. Alas, when I finally did look for them yesterday, the bookstore no longer had those sold in threes. What remained were those sold in packs. But I only needed three!!!

What to do?

The exam was early the next day and it was already early evening, there was really nothing else to do but buy the entire set. Unless I dared go to another mall and buy the threes. But I no longer had the luxury of time nor the will.

And so, for procrastinating, I had to pay for 12 pencils when I needed only 3. Nice.

---------------

Was at Glorietta 5's National Bookstore today, after the exam, and was so impressed with the "spaciousness". There were also so many new titles I wanted to buy! I reigned over the desire, however, because I still have "Blink" to start reading. Ah, but will definitely bite those sea of vampire novels when I'm done with a current project.

But - project or no project, Blink or no Blink, I couldn't resist to pick up this book which I am dying to read:

4 comments:

toguints said...

I hope you could devote a post later on what the book has to say, and what you think of it.

dojski said...

will do, will do. =)

kc cordero said...

that book runs out of copies now. i've heard some local publishers are rushing out to finish their cory special edition/tribute mags deadlines.

dojski said...

there were still plenty yesterday. though on second thought, they kinda looked very fresh off the printing machines.

i'm halfway through the book and it's a tribute yes, but not one you're contented with, if you really wanted to get to know Cory more. THAT kind of book is yet to be written.

thanks for dropping a note, kc. ;)