Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Curious Case of My Missing Umbrella

I had last seen it Friday. And I remember the security it provided me. A typhoon was 'storming' Manila then but I didn't mind. I had my trusty Umbrella with me, I would be fine.

Come Saturday, I found myself looking for it when I was about to leave home. I couldn't find it. And I also couldn't remember where I placed it the day before. Hmmm. If it's not home, I must have left it at the office.

At the office, no trace of it. Ever hopeful, I thought I just might not have looked hard enough back home. It must just be somewhere there. So, I'd look for it again when I come home.

Sunday: I remembered that I was supposed to look for it...and I did. But still, no Umbrella.

By Monday, I had to give up. Still wondering where it was or what happened, I had to give my missing Umbrella's fate to the gods. ;)

---------------------------
UPDATE (8/8/09): Found the umbrella. Somebody who works at a downstairs store gave it back to me last Sunday. I left it at the store. Hehe. :)

2 comments:

Beth said...

At our coffee shop, we have a large selection of umbrellas in the 'lost and found'....as well as power cords, water bottles and scarves.

dojski said...

That's some collection you got there, Beth. ;)