Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cinemalaya 2009: Gossip Girl

Cinemalaya was such great fun. I am glad I have 'discovered' it. Four out of 10 competing full-length films watched. Not bad for a beginner.

And - the film festival is also the place to go when you are the 'starstruck' kind. A number of showbiz personalities seen. Inner gossip girl awakens.

Spotted: Dinig Sana Kita cast. Sunday mid-afternoon screening. Complete with paparrazi moments with the leads. Fanatic ever.

Spotted #2: Alfred Vargas. With an arm on a date while being interviewed at the lobby of the main theater. Colorum gala screening. Thursday.

Spotted #3: Mylene Dizon & Paolo Paraiso. Colorum gala screeening. Mylene was pretty. ;) (I should have watched her own Cinemalaya entry, the critically acclaimed '100'. But I wasn't into indie films then).

Spotted #4: Victor Basa. Harbour Square. Saturday.

Spotted #5: Patricia Evangelista (writer / she won in a speech contest in UK years back). Harbour Square. Saturday. (A colleague's hubby who reads her articles was kinda starstruck. Hehe.)

Spotted #6: The director of Colorum (I think), with a foreigner who wore a "Cannes" t-shirt. (Hmmm, is Colorum going to France?). Harbour Square. Saturday. =)

Spotted #7: Rajo Laurel (top local designer). Last Supper No. 3 screening. 9pm Saturday.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Glad you had loads fun! This is the part where I envy you for living near work and CCP ;-)

Let's watch a couple more CCP performances and support our local world-class art scene...or at least the nice ones.

dojski said...

Sure, sure, Karl. I'll keep my eyes on CCP events from now on.

Thanks for leading my way to Cinemalaya. ;)