Friday, July 24, 2009

Cinemalaya 2009: Mangatyanan

After watching Dinig Sana Kita, this became my list of festival films to watch :

1. Colorum (about a young cop and an old ex-convict)
2. Last Supper No. 3 (about a missing Last Supper)
3. Sanglaan (Pawnshop)
4. Astig (about life in poverty, i think)
5. Short Films A (a collection of short films)

Mangatyanan

I was able to watch Colorum last night (this will be another story) and planned to watch Last Supper No. 3 early tonight. My colleagues and I had it all planned. Unfortunately, the tickets for the film were sold-out and our next best option appeared to be "Mangatyanan", a term meaning "The Blood Trail" which is an old tribal ritual. The story connects this ritual with the life of a woman with a dark past. Thankfully, the movie was surprisingly good and we had fun. =)

Of the three films I've watched so far though, Dinig is still best.

No comments: