Thursday, December 4, 2008

Twilight Twice

It's a Thursday-workday-night, and the movie is on its 2nd week, so, imagine my surprise at finding out that there were only a few seats left at a 6:30 PM show this evening. And these seats were mostly the first two rows to the screen!

One of the reasons I wanted to watch again was the theory that maybe, I didn't like the film for itself the first time because I sat too close to the screen. Ah, excuses.

Luckily, I was able to get a seat far enough for me not to be exposed too much to the vamps' powdered faces (make-up: thumbs down). Nothing has changed much from my original opinion of the film but there were some parts that I appreciated more. Those were the parts where I almost forgot about the book and simply let myself get carried away by the movie.

Still, I hope for a better New Moon.

(Regardless of my regard for the film, I grabbed this great CD on my way home. I really love the songs:)


Fave tracks:

1. Supermassive Black Hole (Muse)

2. Full Moon (The Black Ghosts)

3. Tremble for my Beloved (Collective Soul)

4. Eyes on Fire (Blue Foundation)

5. Flightless Bird (Iron & Wine)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to get the soundtrack, too!

And yes, many parts of the first movie were baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. But some parts were good, and like you said--here's hoping for a better #2.