Monday, December 29, 2008

Best Finds 2008: Vancouver (Foreign City)

Got lucky enough to attend a conference in Vancouver last May. The conference was a blast: the speakers were experts, the topics were relevant (at the time, which was post subprime and pre-Lehman), the overall management of the event was the best I have seen so far, even considering that it had thousands of participants.

And yes, I loved the city. Still do. Walked the streets like I've never walked before: I think I've covered most of the place by just walking. Hehe. And loved the bike-friendly streets as well. And the lovely flowers lining the pavements. And the kinda laid back life. And the eco-friendliness. And even the weather!
Conference Venue
Entrance to Stanley Park
Inukshuk: 2010 Winter Olympics Symbol

1 comment:

Beth said...

I agree, I loved visiting Vancouver too. The Pacific NW is on our list as "places we might move to someday". So green and lush.

Happy New Year !