Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cousin

What I remember of him last christmas when I went home for vacation was that we played badminton. It was the first time I saw him play and I was surprised at how good he was.

Now that he is gone, I look beyond that recent moment and into his short, short lifetime of 19 years. He was a cutie toddler, with his chubby little self inviting for big hugs. Growing up, he always made me feel that he looked up to me and held me with much affection. Our age gap and different circles did not provide a venue for a closer relationship but he always reached out.

He struggled through school and from what I hear, it was paying off both through his potential to graduate with honors and the love his classmates and teachers are showering him with now. He died in his sleep last night.

-------
Yan, I pray that you are happy and well where you are now. I wish I could have been there more for you and I am sorry for the times I wasn't. I love you, cousin. Rest in peace.
-------

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, dearest! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. He sounded like such a special person!

dojski said...

Thanks, Jewels. Yes, he was. ;)