Sunday, September 13, 2009

Katy Perry is Coming to Manila!

I couldn't believe it at first. Katy, the artist I came to know before the country realized and came to appreciate her talent, is going to perform in Manila?! Amazingly unbelievable! But it is true. And I am so excited!

For the Unfamiliar: Katy is known for her controversial hits "I Kissed a Girl" and "Ur so Gay", as well as "Hot n Cold"; her outrageous outfits (e.g., she wears fruits, literally); and her 'wild' image. But there is more to her than all these: her album "One of the Boys" contains some very thoughtful, sensible songs (Thinking of You, Lost, Fingerprints), the entire album is quality music, she's a songwriter, she's smart and witty based on interviews, and she has real vocal talent. My guess is, all the outrageous stuff about her is just publicity. Inside, she's a serious, sincere music artist. ;)

--------------------

Birthday came and went, and as usual, reflections about what my year has been and what direction my life is taking are the central theme of the occasion. I continue to be a work in progress. But I know better now than to take that against myself. It's just how it is: as long as you breathe, you are never going to be "made". You will remain a journey. The key is to keep trying to live the best life you could.

Lunch with colleagues was relatively low key and so was dinner with friends. I wanted it that way. And I am especially thankful that all whom I invited came to dinner. It was a wider circle of friends this time and though intimate talk could not be expected from such, I achieved the purpose of gathering them together as appreciation for being a part of my life. When you are getting older, you tend to be more appreciative of people and things. I wanted to celebrate my friends on my birthday. (Family was is in the province. =)
---------------------

My Tita, whom I talked about in this post, passed away yesterday. So my planned trip home for October will have to come earlier as the funeral is this Wednesday. Rest in peace, Tita.

No comments: