Saturday, January 17, 2009

Katy Perry's One of the Boys

This was part of my wishlist last Christmas and thankfully, among the many I listed, my colleague chose to get me this one. Considering that the CD's hard to find (around here, that is), I appreciate the choice more.

The CD rocks.

I have been singing the songs and swaying to the beat of singer-songwriter (again!) Katy Perry's "One of the Boys" CD eversince.

I came to know Katy through a personal music vid Taylor Swift made using "Hot N Cold", one of Katy's tracks in the album. Taylor seemed to enjoy the song so much (more on that in a later post), it made me curious enough to google the song and finally meet Katy and her music. Besides, the song itself was head-bangin' good.

Katy is a talented artist. Her lyrics can be naughty ("I Kissed A Girl", "Ur So Gay") but these are balanced by sensible ones like "Lost" (quite relevant to me, at this time, hehe). I also like "Self-Inflicted" despite being a tale of a battered woman's acceptance of her pitiful state, and folly.

Overall, the album is a gem. A must-hear. Two thumbs up! ;)

No comments: