Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Taylor Chronicles: Winner

I am glad that Taylor won "Album of the Year" at the 2009 ACM Awards.

There are so many reasons why Fearless is THE album of the year for me personally (well, so far and more likely even up to December). I am tempted to name each reason but I think each deserves a distinct post. Let this one be for "experience".

Fearless is a collection of songs that grows on you. It makes you learn to love it, at your own pace. At least that's how the journey was with me.

I started with the first track and album title "Fearless". I couldn't get it off my head. And I especially like the line "you take my hand and drag me headfirst" . I just can't believe Taylor thought of that. Headfirst. What a scene it creates in my head (like the guy pulling her hair?). =)

Soon enough, I began to really like the rest of the songs except "Hey, Stephen", "Breathe" and "Tell Me Why". "Except" Hey Stephen because after a few plays, it became my number one fave in the entire album (so it's more than just "really like"). The beat is just so swayable. It remains to this day as my ringtone.

"Breathe" was second to my least liked track at the beginning. But I can't remember now why I did not like it. "Tell Me Why" was the last one I learned to love but once I did, it sealed my affection for the entire album.

Unlike other albums that just seem to want to feature a couple of hits and let the other tracks be forgettable, Fearless is a winner because each song is meant to be a delight. All of Fearless' songs are lovable, in the 'verb' sense of the word. You will learn to love them, probably not all at once, but as the experience with the album continues, each song kinda takes its moment with you.

2 comments:

Julia said...

You are so cute! I love that I get to come here for reviews! Thank you!

dojski said...

Welcome. =) And thanks.