Thursday, April 9, 2009

Glacial

The term "glacial" came into my consciousness courtesy of Meryl Streep's line in "The Devil Wear's Prada". It was what she used to ironically describe how slow Anne Hathaway's character was moving in one scene.

Now, as I sit at the airport waiting for my flight home, I am reminded of the word again. My laptop simply was booting at a glacial pace, long enough to run for about 30 minutes (with one reboot). If I were at home, I may not mind as much as I do now but hey, this is a dang public place and I unfortunately am seated at the front row and anyone who happens to notice would know that my laptop has become Jurassic. Argh.

That stressful event aside, I am so looking forward to going home.

2 comments:

Julia said...

It's a great word! I hope things are back up and running and a faster speed--bunny speed!

Happy Easter!

dojski said...

Hehe. Thanks Jewels.