Saturday, April 18, 2009

Susan Boyle and Other Coffeetable Talk

The temperature has become too hot, it drove me off the house and into this cafe. And of course, what is cooling off without the traditional invasion of the most out-of-sight corner and surfing the net without caring how long? =)

Gist. I was talking to a friend last night and I think I never really got a grip of my true circumstances until she blew these words: Doj, you are in deep shit. The last two words are not part of my everyday vocabulary and the slang is evidence of her residence abroad. But more than the fascination with the sentence itself, I am fascinated at how well she figured out what I was talking about. Vals, you smart **ss. ;) (I meant "LAss". Whatever were you thinking? I don't speak adult words, goddamnit.)

Expletives. I have lately been in awe about how people so easily use expletives. In particular, I refer to expletives that are not in my original language. I am in awe because lately, when I tried using them, they did not seem fit. They were just words, not cuss ones. Even if I said them, there was no malice. Just practice of the use of the words in a sentence. Hehe. I am rambling, I know. Darn.

Susan. I'm not really extremely impressed about her singing itself. I think it's the combination of her circumstances and her singing that make her performance stellar at Britain's Got Talent (hello, Simon). She's 47, unemployed, never been married, never been kissed and looks more like a stage mom than star material. But her attitude is admirable, her talent great and her guts amazing (courage!). I wish I could directly put the video here but embedding is a prob. So, here's the link instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXX_gMFeWlc.

I know you can't wait to see it. ;)

No comments: