Sunday, November 15, 2009

Katy Perry Rocks for Relief

Finally! Was able to watch Katy Perry perform live. The postponed concert was staged last night and I am so glad I grabbed a ticket.

The front act(s) took quite some time, so I thought Katy would sing only a few songs. After all, the show isn't simply her concert anymore, but a fundraising drive to help the victims of Typhoon Ondoy (which also caused the postponement). The fact that the previous sole front act was turned into three (an American band, a local balladeer and Journey's Arnel Pineda) made me suspect that Katy might have cut her repertoire.

But I was wrong.

Katy performed a lot of the songs from her album (One of the Boys). Yes, she "performed" and not just sang them. As one of my friends commented, she was OUTRAGEOUS. She meant to entertain, and she did just that.

Top memories:

1. Watched the show with my closest college friends (Yns, Luvs, TinAn and Paul).

2. Yns and Luvs, who were not as crazy about Katy as I was, were converted into fans after the concert.

3. Katy on addressing her audience: "You've been through a lot. But we're still standing, damnit!". I didn't see that last word coming, that's why I howled in laughter. After that, I knew her Filipino fans were up for a different performance.

4. Katy sang most of her songs in the album. Sooo loved it, because I knew each one.

5. Katy (not verbatim): "I'm flying home tomorrow night but I'll skip the flight to visit the islands and purr, purr, purr."

6. Finally met her cat, Kitty Purry.

7. Katy's voice remained quality, despite her various antics and running here and there on - and off - the stage.

No comments: